Dental check-up and dental cleaning are two important habits that need to be a part of your routine. The main goal here is to avoid any dental problems, which can indirectly lower problems in your body too. A healthy tooth and gum will not only keep your smile beautiful but save you from any medical disorders.
Oral infection can very quickly spread to the other parts of our body including our vital organs. When you keep an eye on your teeth, they will be able to detect any early signs of existing issues that might otherwise go unnoticed. Also, in terms of financial benefits, early detection of teeth problems can prevent any big costly tooth procedure.
So, the first thing that you need to do is to make an appointment with a dentist Rancho Bernardo. Though you can keep the routine of brushing and flossing at home, you need to find a good dentist too who will do these regular check-ups and cleaning when important. As per the American Dental Association, you need to visit the dentist once every six months to make sure that your teeth stay healthy.
We have Hekmat Dental Care which is one of the best dental clinics here in Bernardo. There we have Dr. Reza Hekmat who is a highly skilled Rancho Bernardo dentist. So, whether you live here in Rancho Bernardo or just looking for a dentist here then this should be a good option for you. You can enjoy both high-quality care and concierge-like dentistry here with or without insurance.
Why is Dental Examination important?
During an examination, your dentist will first lookout for any tooth decay and any resulting cavities. Because these are the ones that will affect the pulp of the tooth i.e., the soft tissue, which is present in between the tooth. This can even spread beyond the roots too. This is done with the help of x-rays, which can detect any cysts, bone loss, decay and even tumours. They will also help to check if there are any positioning problems with your teeth and roots.
During the examination, they would check for any crowns, fillings or other restorative work done and if they are in a good shape.
One initial sign of this tooth decay is accumulation of all plaque and tartar on the teeth that can lead to gum disease. other than this there are many other issues that a dental check-up can recognize such as:
- Gum disease: If there is a gap between your gum and your tooth then this can be a sign of gum disease called periodontal disease. This can lead to tooth loss if not prevented at an early stage.
- Oral cancer: Dental check-ups can diagnose initial signs of oral cancer. If detected early, it can even be cured.
- Other medical problems: During the dental check-up the dentist can look for any bad breath, which can be a reason for any infection in the mouth or lung problems or diabetes.
What are the benefits of Dental clean-ups?
A dental cleaning that is done with a professional’s help eliminates plaque, tartar, and bacteria. These can never be treated even if you brush and floss regularly. Dentists have a special tool that can remove the plaques even if they are hardened to be tartar.
Other than this, your dental clean-up will also include flossing and removal of stains, which will leave your teeth ultra-clean and shiny. Just as we said earlier, you might have to find the best dentist Ranchi Bernardo. They have years of experience in doing this job, which will leave your tooth clean and tidy.
If you have any plaque build-up underneath your gums, then your dentist will fix this problem by using a procedure named scaling. This is a specialized form of dental cleaning that is used to prevent gum diseases.
How to prevent your oral problems before they start?
For good oral health, it is very important that you follow your oral routine of exams and cleaning. In this way, you will benefit in the following manner:
- Prevent any kind of gum disease, tooth decay and even bad breath
- This will save you from spending money on costly dental procedures
- It will keep your teeth white and shiny by removing any stains caused by some food and drinks
- You will not have to spend more time in the dental office
- You will have a smile that lasts forever.
How to take good advantage of these Dental Exams?
To make the most out of these dental exams, you need to firstly maintain a good dental routine. So, here is some list of things that you need to follow:
- You need to brush your teeth twice a day and that too with a fluoride toothpaste
- Make sure that you do flossing regularly after brushing
- Make use of a mouthwash that contains fluoride in it
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet and avoid snacking a lot
- Avoid smoking and consuming tobacco in any forms
- Follow a routine of dental check-up and cleaning on a regular basis.
If you have concerns with your teeth, make an appointment with your dentist immediately.