Visiting a cosmetic dentist in Richmond? Check the common treatments
Your smile is important for your confidence and self-esteem. If you don’t have a perfect, white, and aligned smile, it can affect the way you behave around others. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry has many options for every concern. If you have booked an appointment with a Richmond, IN cosmetic dentist, you have already taken the right step. Before you step in and discuss the aesthetics of your smile, check basic details about common treatments.
- Teeth Whitening: Also called bleaching, teeth whitening is a great choice for patients with stained or discolored teeth. If you have been consuming darkening beverages and foods for a long time or are a nicotine user, you find unusual stains on your teeth. Your dentist may recommend in-office bleaching, which can be completed in one appointment. You can also talk about take-home whitening kits, which come with trays and a bleaching solution. The trays are customized for your needs.
- Porcelain Dental Veneers: If you have teeth staining because of medications or genes or when you have gapped teeth, your dentist may recommend veneers, which are highly effective in reshaping the smile. Dental veneers are made of porcelain, and you can choose the shade to get a confident smile. It takes two appointments to complete the treatment.
- SureSmile® Clear Braces: For orthodontic concerns, such as crowded or misaligned teeth, crossbites, and overbites, you can consider SureSmile instead of traditional braces. SureSmile involves using clear aligner trays, which ensure adequate but gentle pressure to straighten your smile. Your dentist will use 3D images to develop a treatment plan, and you will need a set of new aligners every two weeks.
- Crowns: While crowns are also used as a part of restorative dentistry, your cosmetic dentist may use the option to fix your smile. It is also possible to get Same-Day CEREC® Crowns that are fabricated and set in one appointment. A crown is designed to encase an entire tooth, which can restore aesthetics and strength.
- Gum contouring: If you have excess gum tissues, it can affect your look and make your smile appear gummy. You can consider this treatment, which involves removing excess gum tissues. Today, there are options like Laser Gum Contouring, which relies on a laser light to get desired results and can also be used to address oral health concerns.
There are other treatments, such as tooth-colored restorations, which your dentist can consider for various needs. Check online for local cosmetic dentists in Richmond now.