How Do I Know If I Need a Cosmetic Dentist?
You ought to feel comfortable flashing a pleasant smile because it’s a terrific approach to making an impression. It could be time to look into cosmetic dentistry if anything keeps you from flashing your bright grin to the world.
If a certain part of your smile makes you uncomfortable, you might want to schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist. Although we may put up with slightly discolored teeth, cosmetic dental operations can give you a much healthier smile and a huge confidence boost.
The cosmetic dental restorations in Aurora may help if you have gaps between your teeth that you would like to fill, discolored teeth, broken or chipped teeth, or misaligned teeth.
Various classifications of cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry comes in various forms, all of which can enhance your smile. A wide variety of cosmetic operations are available, whether you want to cover cracks and defects in your teeth, straighten crooked teeth, treat discoloration, fill gaps in your smile, improve your bite, or fix discoloration. Here are a few instances:
- Orthodontics – Orthodontic treatments and tools straighten crooked teeth and improper bites.
- Veneers – Veneers are tiny covers that are adhered to the fronts of your teeth using dental adhesive to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Crowns – Made to fit over the top of your teeth, these customized covers can bridge gaps and stop erosion brought on by dental decay.
- Dental implants can restore lost teeth and close gaps in your smile. To guarantee that the replacement tooth is completely integrated, they are implanted with metal pins into your bone.
- Dental bonds are created from a composite substance closely resembling a natural tooth. They close gaps in your smile and repair chips in teeth by adhering to your natural teeth with adhesive.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening treats the discoloration and staining of teeth that develop naturally over time.
What distinguishes a general dentist from a cosmetic dentist?
The goal of general dentistry is to prevent patients from disorders that affect their mouth, teeth, or gums by focusing on oral health and cleanliness. The term “cosmetic dentistry” describes dental operations aimed at improving a person’s smile.
However, all dentists in Canada and the US hold either a DDS or DMD degree from an approved university, regardless of whether they specialize in general or aesthetic dentistry. After that, students could choose to focus on anything specific, including orthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, and many more.