As the name indicates, cosmetic dentistry is all about the aesthetics of your smile. If you believe that you don’t have the perfect set of teeth and your smile is impacting your confidence, you should consider some of the advanced treatments available today. Visiting a Columbia cosmetic dentist may be a tempting option, but before you discuss the options, here’s a look at some of the most common procedures.
- Teeth Whitening (Bleaching): Various factors can cause staining of teeth, and if you think your teeth aren’t as white as the toothpaste ads, you can consider teeth bleaching. There are numerous options for teeth whitening, from in-office procedures to wearing trays at home. Your dentist can give you trays with a bleaching solution, which you can wear for about a week or more, as suggested, to get whiter teeth.
- Dental Bonding: If you have chipped, cracked, or stained teeth, you can consider dental bonding. A unique material is used to fix these concerns, and you can easily get the shape and color you want for your teeth. Your dentist will discuss the shade options, and the procedure is entirely painless and highly affordable.
- Porcelain Veneers: When your smile is not perfect, and you want whiter and more even-looking teeth, dental veneers could be an option for you. Made of porcelain, dental veneers are fixed to the frontal surface of the teeth after buffing a part of the enamel. With primary care, veneers can last for years, although you may have to consider replacement at some point.
- Clear aligners: While orthodontic treatments are often used to fix crooked or crowded teeth, you may also consider options for cosmetic reasons. Clear aligners are an alternative to standard metal braces and offer excellent results in a short time. Contrary to popular belief, orthodontic treatment is for adults and kids alike, and it is never late to get aligners.
- Dental implants: Although you may consider dental implants as a part of restorative dentistry, you can also achieve cosmetic goals. If you have lost all your teeth, you can rely on implants to get a set of perfect teeth that would feel and look extremely natural. Dental implants are considered a step ahead of dentures and can last a lifetime.
There are also dental bridges and crowns that are used for cosmetic reasons. The best solution for your smile concerns depends on the underlying cause or problem. Talk to your dentist to know more.